Hasn’t anyone ever told you that dieting is more than just missing meals? Diet, itself, is a misnomer. Even you might have fallen captive to the likelihood of skipping meals in the hope of making a right diet.
Colloquially referred to as a dietary regimen or program to lose or maintain weight, diet is technically defined as the food you eat within 24 hours, within 7 days or within 1 month. A good diet is inclusive of the right type of foods in adequate amounts at equal intervals.
Make it Right: Health Eating
It is important to note that healthy eating is a characteristic of a healthy diet. A well-balanced meal is one which is composed of all the different food groups in bountiful amounts. Recent dietary updates revealed the campaign of the US government on ´My Plate´ advocacy. It is an important wake-up call to many individuals who seem to have spent so much on food and so less on activity.
My Plate is a simpler version of the traditional food pyramid. It illustrates your must-be healthy diet on a plate with specific allotted portions for the basic food groups including dairy. This is among the primary steps of the health-related organizations to fight off the increasing mortality and morbidity of lifestyle diseases.
According to the World Health Organization
The World Health Organization (WHO) is the biggest coordinating and directing authority of health worldwide. It established standards, norms and policies which many of the sub-categorized health organizations and government institutions revere and follow.
WHO recommends simple important notes in healthy dieting.
- You should limit your energy consumption from total fats. Go for unsaturated fats (those found in vegetables and fishes) rather than saturated ones.
- It is important to balance energy and body weight.
- You have to increase your consumption of fruits and vegetables.
- Simple sugars have to be toned down.
- Limit salt intake, whether it is iodized or not.
- Increase consumption of essential amino acids which are important in body repair and regeneration.
- Take in adequate amounts of vitamins and minerals.
- Avoid consuming foods which are either carcinogenic or pathogenic in nature.
The Use of HEI
The Healthy Eating Index or HEI was formulated by the US Department of Agriculture in 1995, and was renewed last 2005. This is a diet guide which caters measurement of caloric intake. Being particular with what you eat is an important step in healthy dieting. HEI makes measuring of what you eat easier and clearer.
- Here are some simple guidelines in healthy eating.
- Increase your intake of high-fiber foods
- Increase your antioxidant intake by including green, orange and yellow fruits and vegetables.
- Decrease your intake of refined and simple sugars.
- Cut down on saturated fats.
- Maintain adequate intake of vitamins and minerals.
Eating a healthy and nutritious diet is important for proper body functioning and weight management. You may also try diet pill if you like but you have to do the research before buying any product. This website reviewed top rated diet pills on the market, you may check it out.